Saturday, April 30, 2011

Year 2: Week 6

Not a whole lot this week. I was sick with some stomach thingy most of the week, managed to enjoy the fairie festival today, and cut my finger- that is to say it was a pretty typical week in the life of Samantha...

At the beginning of the week, I did embark on a fun little project involving metal, so i'm going to say it counts.

(photographed at an angle as they would be on a back-ie not flat)
This is the second time I've attempted making my own fairie wings- the first time the wire was too springy to hold the shape I wanted, and this time it was too soft. The wings themselves actual do hold their shape fairly well but they droop a bit when worn. I did whack the frame with a hammer repeatedly, but i just don't know how tempered aluminum gets. I feel like I got a pretty good grip on the process though so now I just need to find the right wire. I feel like copper might be a possibility, or maybe one of those wires that's actually several wires twisted together, thin enough to be malleable, but containing enough bends to be sturdy. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment