Saturday, April 23, 2011

Year 2: Week 5

This week was a busy week full of double shifts and rain. It's also Easter Week and prelim to family birthdays so...
-I made a dress (gift. no pictures- I wouldn't want to spoil any surprises)
-Clear Coated previous glassware for gifting
-Filled Easter baskets for me and hubby (because it's still nice to have candy for any reason)
-And painted a shotglass to fulfill the rules requirements for the week.



I put the border around the flowers that I talked about wanting to do with the teacup. Obviously this is before cleanup. I have discovered that I can remove paint with rubbing alcohol though so they are ending up a lot cleaner than before. Shotglasses have this iffy line where if I paint them too low, the pattern is hard to see, and if I paint them too high, you're invading drinking rim territory (glass paint is still considered toxic- I have glasses where I've painted the rim, but I try to avoid it)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, beautiful! Those would make a seriously cute addition to anyone's glass collection!

    ReplyDelete