Friday, May 13, 2011

Weeks 7 & 8

Full disclosure: I've been working overtime (feast or famine, eh?) and the time I did have, I spent enjoying the (finally!!!) warm weather. I have a tan, I went to a carnival, spent lots of time outside with the dog, replanted and weeded my gardens, and in general spent last week having a good time. No, I really didn't feel like making anything, so I didn't. I didn't really feel like making anything this week either, but I decided 2 weeks off is a no-no so here we go:

I bought some micro-brushes at Hobby Lobby yesterday so I tested them out on some bowls. I also bought some model car enamel that should be even more permanent than my glass paint, but I haven't tested it yet.
The biggest one is modeled after my wedding invitations.



Random fun: I took off one of my headbands while I was outside this week, and Honey ran across the yard and popped her head through the loop, so I took the extra one that I had and made her another new collar out of it. It's black with white polkadot circles. I didn't take this picture to showcase her collar, but since it was on the camera, I thought I'd share.

(I took the picture because she ran into the room and perched herself on Bob's shoulder while we were watching a movie on the floor. We're pretty sure she was afraid of something, probably random weather patterns, but we both thought this was ridiculously cute)

This isn't really an art project in any way, but I "painted" my nails this week. These are the peel-n-stick salon effects nail strips by Sally Hansen, and they are pretty awesome. This set is "Laced Up", their black lack pattern. I got lots of compliments on these at work.


*If you get curious and purchase these to try yourself, I have some tips from my own trial-and-error. The first thing you should know is that if your nails are a conservative length (an eighth of an inch to a quarter of an inch) you most likely can use each nail strip twice and get twice as many manicures out of the box (At $10/box, it's kind of expensive for nail polish, but cheap for a fancy manicure). I also primed my nails with a base coat and topped with a top coat. The top coat came after a day at work where i did mildly chip this manicure (they are chipped in the photo). This particular design hides chips really well, and people with a regular job probably won't have chipping as fast as I did, but it doesn't hurt to put a top coat on to protect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment