Saturday, January 22, 2011

Week 45

You may recall that last week, I started on a project for a coat. There were a few snags- the fabric that i originally chose that happened to be an end of the bolt cut just wasn't enough (without some serious creativity involved) and rather than go back to the store and pick out something else, i switched to a pretty color gradient- green that I bought sometime in college (let's say 4 years ago). I didn't have quite enough to do the facing too so some of the black lining shows, but it blends fairly well. It was also originally going to be sandwiched with a fleece layer, but i changed my mind when i changed the fabric to satin, so now it's a jacket. It's basically a peacoat- except that it's green satin...



pay no attention to the wet hair...

Also, I realized around the beginning of the week that my procrastination on this project stemmed from one very identifiable source- i did not want to spend 5-6 hours at a time in the freezing cold basement with my sewing machine. Solution? We went to walmart and bought a folding table and folding chair and set up a temporary sewing area for me in the library- the library isn't really big enough for this which is why i stress temporary- i don't mind going into the basement in the summertime. It ended up being a good thing, because our furnace started pouring hot water all over the floor today. Most of my things (all the important things) actually are elevated/not on the floor down there, but my sewing machine pedal and some of the cords would have been on the floor so at least they were safe upstairs instead.

2 comments:

  1. Sam- love the blog! Don't know how I missed it but you know my crafty little heart is loving all your projects. Dayna =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the jacket... and the color... and the material... so pretty!

    ReplyDelete