Friday, January 7, 2011

Week 43

This week was more in the little details and not exceptionally challenging, but I've got big plans for next week, so little bits this week is a nice respite.

My mom told me about these metal spirals that twist into people's hair, and I saw some rennaissance faire pictures of people wearing them so i decided to start giving them a shot. I'm not in love with the first 2, but I see their potential and may try again. I'm definitely going to make a few shorter ones with charms and see how i feel about them. I like them better in silver sheet, but I don't have any silver sheet thin enough for this. (I can make the thicker sheet bend/twist, but it would be extra heavy) Preferrably something thicker than my copper sheet which gets bent too easily, but thinner than the 20 gauge i have.


The wire on this one is less than ideal (based on aforementioned lack of silver sheet), but it does have a bead dangle.

I also made a few trips to JoAnn fabrics this week, and while I was picking out fabric for a coat, Bob decided that his peacoat needed updating and picked out some buttons($25 in buttons actually). I changed out all the buttons on that peacoat so that it would be different from everyone else's peacoats. He's pleased as pie! lol.


I was planning on squeezing in one more project, but as chance would have it, i came home and took a nap today. My fingers also started tingling again today too- probably the cold- it finally snowed!

Coming next week: A new coat! (for me) A comfy collar (for my little Honey Bunny), and show and tell!(i bought some jewelry displays for bracelets and necklaces, so expect some slightly more professional looking pictures of said objects in the future). I also have a sundress in limbo (i started it in the summertime) that's been sitting halfway done for several months now (it's a shell that needs lined, zipped, hemmed, and strapped).

No comments:

Post a Comment