Sunday, January 9, 2011

Week 44

A COLLAR:
We begin this week with Honey's new collar- which is really just another of the coiled link bracelets i made earlier in the blog. I used a burgundy coated copper wire and painstakingly coiled 70 links-roughly 26 feet of wire. She's so cute! I want to hang her newest ID tag from this one, but I need a crimp ring (just for ease of use).


 I'm still thinking about adding a fabric collar underneath and stitching it down- but haven't really decided yet. In the meantime, she's wearing it as is.

A STORY:
This week, I started writing a little children's story- Kissed by the Fairies: A tale for little red-headed children. Bob's mom always told him and his sister that their freckles were pixie kisses, and I think it would be cute to have a story for the dwindling number of red headed children in the world for why they have red hair, light skin, and freckles when no one else does. I really like what I have, but would like for it to be longer... If you would like to read it, please let me know with your email address so you can be given access to my new writing blog (which is not public).

THE COAT-Progress Report:
On Sunday, I cut out the pattern pieces and made Honey's collar. On Tuesday, I ironed the pattern pieces and cut out the shell- in a different fabric than I originally chose. I plan to sew the shell together tomorrow (Saturday) and do the lining and finishing next week.

SHOW & TELL:
I promised a little show & tell of my new "toys". I bought some flocked display pedestals last week that I'm really very excited about!
I know I don't currently do the craft show thing (and the one that I did wasn't very encouraging), but having a way to display pieces if (and when) i try again would be helpful. It also means that in future photographing, i can put these against a backdrop and have more professional looking photos (in lieu of picking a piece of furniture to dangle from. lol)

COOKING:

Bob and I only had one day off together this week, so instead of using it as a work day, we used it as a cooking/cleaning day. I made spicy onion soup, and crisped up the bacon for BLTs. They're peppered bacon, dijon mustard, baby spinach, and sliced cherry tomatoes. After a small kitchen fire, we enjoyed our soup and sandwiches on my new xmas dishes, and then made an apple pie.

1 comment: