Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year! resolutions...

Technically, my last post was made at 1am on New Year's Day, but i was dead tired and more concerned about filling my weekly quota than I was about New Year. Normally I don't do resolutions- I feel that if don't trully want to fulfill that goal (or feel capable of fulfilling said goal), then you shouldn't commit to a goal in the first place- resolutions really aren't meant to be failed or cast aside. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Anywho...the point of that mini tirade is that THIS year, I DO in fact have a resolution: -ahem-

 I want a house of my very own,
and my goal is to save $10,000 (the down payment needed to obtain a loan) by the end of October, and hopefully find and buy a house before 2012. I intend to save that money on my own, regardless of what Bob is able to save/contribute (though he intends to begin saving in the spring). This averages out to me saving $1000/month. Winter is a very slow time for a waitress so I won't be able to save as much in the winter, but come May, tourist season begins again and that means $1000+/week for me and my goal. Yes this will mean less eating out, and less buying whatever i want when I want it, but a house is worth it- and i KNOW i can do this. It's important to me. Assuming Bob saves an equal amount or close to it, I intend to use some of that $20,000 for 2 things in our new house: a fence for the dog is very important to both me and Bob, and I will not suffer Honey and ourselves to live in a house without one. Also, Bob and I desperately need a new mattress- we don't sleep well and i don't know WHAT i was thinking when i bought a single-sided mattress that can't be flipped. When we move again, this mattress will NOT be moving with us.

2 Other Little Tiny Resolutions for 2011 (again that i feel I am capable of accomplishing):

-My favorite dessert in the world is a Thai dessert of sweet sticky rice with mango (preferrably mango icecream). I have a big bag of "sweet sticky rice" from an Asian grocery store and an ice cream maker. At some point this year, i will procure coconut milk and mangos and i WILL make my favorite dessert myself.

-I've known for some time now that the goal of one year that i placed on this project is soon coming to an end (in March) and I decided some time ago that I have no intention of ending the project in March. What that entails for Year 2 of The Xarata Project and this blog, i haven't entirely decided- only that the blog, and my projects, WILL continue. There may be a twist of some sort in the rules (like consignment or craft shows or a guideline in design/material), but I really haven't thought that far just yet. Update: Okay, so maybe I have decided. You will notice an extra "Page" labeled at the top of the blog- The Xarata Project: Year 2 outlining where the blog will go from week 52...






Also, on a side note, I'm fairly certain my sister-in-law gave birth to our very first nephew today, little Andy Nichols. How exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment