Saturday, October 30, 2010

Week 33

I guess I let the craft show get me discouraged, because i just did not want to touch anything this week. An hour ago- the last hour in the week- i looked at the clock and thought "I haven't skipped a week yet, and there's no good reason to start now". I'm not the only one who will know if I skip a week... soooooo.... It's just 1 piece (well technically two but it's earrings so they're kind of one), but it's something. They're 100% sterling silver and made in the curlicue greek style I've been working with in copper. The gauge for the wire is the same as the copper, but i kind of feel like it should be thinner/daintier for this sort of thing or maybe because the silver reflects more light/looks bigger. eh, it's still pretty:






So...if I haven't been crafting, what have I been up to? well... I have been working these past few days- 14 hours yesterday (in a corset, what was i thinking? Anything for the love of halloween...lol) and when I left work at 1am, my car battery was dead so i got it jumped and drove around to charge it up. I think i need a new battery- they never did replace when i fried my car's computer this summer- it's probably damaged.

 Bob bought me a video game (fable III) which has kind of usurped my attention this week. I'm not a huge videogame player- i'm not very good at most videogames, and i get bored easily-if you didn't already know this about me ;p, but I like the fable games and the viva pinata games and they'll usually keep my attention for at least a week when they come out. Not to worry I'll be over it in another day or two, and back to my crafty ways.

My creativity hasn't been entirely wasted this week in that we get to dress up for halloween at work, and I put my own costumes together and I'm something different everyday. Yesterday I was a pirate, and today I was a wood nymph. I wasn't allowed to dress up earlier in the week, and I'm not entirely sure what I'll be tomorrow but fear not- I never fail to celebrate Halloween in style. It's my favorite day of the year.

I actually do know at least one thing you'll be seeing next week and that's a peacock pendant made by taking those half finished ear cuffs i made in an earler post and soldering them together back to back. I had them pushed together on my workbench and realized their greater purpose :) I also want to try a wire wrapped glass, but i'm out of copper wire so it may have to wait. I have quite a few half finished headbands in the studio and some fabric to make new too, so I've got work to do!

1 comment: