Saturday, October 9, 2010

Week 30

Ok, so I'll start by fessing up- not all 40 are done, I have 15 to go. Why? In a nutshell, i had distractions (said in a russian vampiric accent because it's fun- dis- trauk-shuns) (books to read, long work days, angry work days, more books to read, new roof keeping us from getting any real semblance of sleep...)

Progress shot: There's 16 on the top and middle shelves each (so 32) and then a handful of martini glasses and random wine goblets on the bottom (let's say a dozen all together) so i have painted more than 40 glasses...just not THE 40 glasses. lol
Here's the randoms for the week: flames polkadots, a greenman face, and another rose. Obviously i haven't done the clean-up phase on these. I'm actually planning on using these designs as sets for the part of the 15 i have left, making a flame set, a polkadot set, and set of roses. The additional 3 will probably be something random.
To tell the truth- I'm all cupped out. I'm sick to death of painting glasses. It's pretty reminiscent of when i embarked on my 100 headbands. I haven't made a headband since. (though i did buy a pretty green batik with a coupon today specifically for some headbands...)I'm ready for a new project- i bought wire today to play with the link bracelet Bob wanted me to make.

On a side note, since the roofers pretty much destroyed my flowers, i took the broken stems of the ones that got most trully squashed and put them in a vase. I LOVE these flowers and fully intend to plant them every year of forever. The one's i have now are a "kimono mix" of celosia so a nic conglomerate in the flowerbed of burgundy, red, purple, orange, and yellow, but mostly it was reds that got smushed. They're an annual so they don't come back, and i so enjoy them and am just a little heartbroken that they got smashed under half a rooftop's worth of shingles that i decided they should at least be appreciated before they trully die.
Part me mentally giggles at how appropriate this picture is for me what with the flowers and the fairy and the sketchbook, and the sewing scissors, and the box (i kind of collect pretty boxes) and BAND-AIDS. thehehee...um...i get hurt a lot... :)

2 comments:

  1. OMG, so many glasses!! How are your hands doing?? I'm impressed you've completed so many! I can sympathize though, I have to be careful of what I set out to do or I totally burn out and never want to do it again! Or eat it again, like dried apricots. :-P

    Good luck with the rest of your glasses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hands are doing ok, i used a silicone putty and kinda blobbed it around my tool and then squished it with my hand for a custom fit, so at least it doesn't rub the nerve in my hand anymore. My fingers still cramp up, but it's not nearly as bad as having them on pins and needles for days at a time. I'm sure at some point I'll feel compelled to paint another glass as they are pretty- it's just a lot at once. The obligation of "have to" kind of sucks to. The stipulation of the blog is have to make something every week- but it can be anything i want to play with, and with a deadline it's less about want and creativity and more about must and priority. I'll be excited to move onto some jewelry at the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete