Saturday, October 16, 2010

Week 31

1 week til the craft show- I'm pretty excited about it. I've been pretty busy finishing up glasses and thinking of display stuff.


Glasses:
I told you I had 15 glasses left to paint. They became a set of polkadots, a set of pink roses, a set of flames, and some geekery glasses. I have more plans for "geekery glass" in the form of "42" with 2 little mice (hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy reference), the symbol pi, "I speak GEEK", and "This is my Zombie Plan". If you're not a geek, it's okay if you don't get any of these, but I assure you they target a demographic. My hand hurt, and I have started developing calluses, but I'm proud. Everything is clear coated now, and even prettier. I intend to wash them before the show, but i want to give them time to air cure.


see the little mice? I feel so clever. lol

This week's glasses

The martinis- you've seen them before


mostly lava and tree bark sets

What I'll be working on this week:
I finally bought some 20 gauge copper wire to play with and began my attempt at the artsfest bracelet i've been promising. It's a fun twist on a link bracelet though i'm still working on getting the links trully consistent. Bob said should make a collar for Honey (our dog) like this. maybe I will. I do want to make a few to take to the show. They take about an hour.


What I'm taking to the show:
-Roughly 50-60 glasses including wine glasses, martini glasses, and shotglasses displayed on neon end tables and some white tables my neighbor tossed when he moved out this week.
-Roughly 50 headbands which i'm going to display on a pretty curtain rod.
-Random pieces of jewelry including chains, link bracelets, pendants, and earcuffs
-maybe some hairflowers
-maybe some copper quill pens

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the show Sam!! The glasses look great and I love the copper wire work! I hope you have a lot of fun at the art show and sell all your lovelies to new homes! :-)

    ReplyDelete