Friday, October 1, 2010

Week 29

Alright, the craft show is at the end of the month so it's time to kick my glass-painting butt into gear. My shipment of glasses came in today and I have 40 glasses to paint. The plan is to paint at least 5 glasses everyday for the next week- duplicating a set of 4 and 1 random glass each day. Within 8 days, I will have painted all 40 glasses- giving me time(roughly 2 weeks) to go back and perfect/clean each one, seal them, and have the paint cured before the show.

There's no point in posting pictures of the duplicate sets (you've already seen them), but I will post the random glasses that I make for your enjoyment. Today I painted a set of lava glasses and a black rose glass.



You can't really tell in these pictures, but I painted the center of the rose on the bottom of the glass so the rose actually IS complete when you look down into the goblet.

While picking up my shipment of glasses, I also happened upon these tables for $9.99 each that i think are perfect for taking to the craft show. The legs screw on and off, so they'll transport really well too. Normally lime and hot pink aren't really my thing, but almost all of my glasses are black, and it really pops on these tables.

 This picture doesn't really demonstrate how awesome the glasses look when you're walking near the table, but i was trying to get the whole setup in one picture. I photographed the rose goblet on these tables- so basically it looks like that only zoomed out... with more glasses... I don't really intend to overcrowd it like that either, i just have a lot of glasses that were dominating my kitchen table. Bob suggested i stack them in a pyramid instead of an L. I'll have to play with it.

Ultimately I should have roughly 4 lava sets- one in silver, 2-3 treebark sets, a couple of polkadot sets, and a hodge podge of individuals including a wedding henna wine set, a couple different greenman glasses, a couple of roses, a fingerprint, and about a dozen martini glasses. I'll also be bringing my headbands (I sold 5 this week!), and some assorted silver pendants and ear cuffs, as well as a handful of copper quill pens. 



To those who read my blog, offering critique and support, as well as those who purchase from my etsy store: thank you for keeping me going. There are days when I really hate my job, and you're the ones that make me believe that someday I won't have to wait tables for a living. There are days when I watch my art pieces piling up in my studio and wonder what the point of it all is, and then I get a notification that someone shopped at my etsy store and even when it's just a headband, I feel just a little bit proud that somebody wants something that I made. There are days when I would really rather be lazy and do nothing at all, but posting here makes sure I make something every week- whether it's 100 headbands or 50 handpainted glasses, dozens of hairflowers or intricately twisted silver jewelry- I make and meet those goals because of you. I don't know how many of you there are- I know it's more than the 5 followers I have on blogspot- but I cherish you.

No comments:

Post a Comment