Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Week 8

I'm going on vacation this week so I didn't have as much time to be creative as I woud have liked. I did make 3 new viking knit chain pieces this week: a choker and matching bracelet in copper wire, and a green bracelet for bob made out of color coated copper wire. He complains that it's too big (it fits my ankle), but i originally made it in one piece and it wouldn't fit over his hand so i unwired the joint and added a clasp (the clasp adds a little less than an inch when fastened). The chain itself remained the same size which was the perfect size when it was one piece, but he can't collapse his hands to fit things over them the way a girl can- maybe he just hasn't had enough practice. lol. I told him I can take it back and wear it as an anklet and he said "no no! it's mine, i just wish it was smaller..." I like them. They're nice and shiny.


One thing I have noticed is that the smaller you draw the wire chain down, the more little imperfections/inconsistencies in the knitting show by creating little waves in the chain that keep it from being perfectly round when clasped. The looser chains bend into perfect circles, but the same chain drawn down tighter will not (unless my knitting is absolutely perfect and i'm just not there yet. lol).

1 comment:

  1. I need better pictures so I can understand these better.

    ReplyDelete