Friday, April 30, 2010

Week 7




Today was rather productive in my opinion. I put lots of flowers in the garden, made myself some cabbage soup and cucumber salad for lunch (i also had a hot dog, but you don't really "make" a hotdog), cleaned and redid the bathroom from charcoal and gold to charcoal and purple, switched the bedding from red to green, framed some photos, and most importantly: attempted my very first viking chain. Not bad if i do say so myself :)



I made a second one in copper wire. It doesn't have a clasp- i wired the ends together- not quite as perfectly as i would like but not bad either. It slips over my hand. The problem with trying to photograph metal in the dark is that the flash reflects off of everything and with my camera, if you need a flash and don't use a flash, it can come out blurry...


2 comments:

  1. looks good Sam!I think it would be fun if you could make Lily a necklace out of something sturdy but still dainty for her birthday. perhaps something with beads. Do you do beads? She doesn't like how cold her Tiffany's necklace is but she always tells me mine is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do beads, i just haven't done them in a long time. Lily's birthday isn't until December, I'll think of something :)

    ReplyDelete