Friday, May 14, 2010

Week 9

I felt like making fabric headbands...so i made 20 fabric headbands- 2 of each one, 1 to keep and 1 to sell. Still need to make a video on how to tie them. I like that they're another multiuse accessory- headband, waist sash, belt (just add buckle), I'm considering making purses that you could add these to as interchangeable straps or decoration.




I am considering the idea of a shop of multi-wear items. I've been meaning to make a few of my own magic wrap dresses (2 layer wraps that can be worn 100 different ways), i already strive to make my pendants wearable as hair decoration, my headbands are hand-tied (yes i know i need to make a how-to video, it's on my list) so they can be repurposed. What other multi-wear items could i make?

2 comments:

  1. Ooooohhh...make the wrap dresses! I fell in love with them while on vacation in Australia! I have 3 right now, but I keep meaning to sit down with some fabric and attempt sewing one. I love multi-purpose items...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh yes please to the wrap dresses, with optional "boob tubes" for us bigger gals. I had one that I made, and loved it!

    ReplyDelete