Saturday, September 24, 2011

Purple Plaid Projects!!!

In case you didn't know, it's been raining...A LOT!!! And with all this rain, I became very aware of the complete lack of hoods on any of my clothing, so I decided that I wanted a hooded Poncho. Why a poncho? I honestly don't know, other than I hate trying to squeeze winter clothing into coat sleeves, hate the hassle of buttons when I'm in a hurry, and always feel the need to take my coat OFF when entering a building. A poncho is kind of like a really wide scarf...with a hood in my case...and it rocks. I feel a little bit like Little Red Riding Hood and wonder why we ever started making practical clothing when capes were simply WAY more fun.

 When I went fabric hunting I came across a really pretty heavy weight purple plaid, and I think I am going to buy more of it! lol (I did buy a jacket pattern for $2, so I think I ALSO need a purple plaid jacket. yes. I think I do...)

It's reversible to the grey and black checkered flannel and it's super warm. And it looks good with EVERYTHING, jeans, dresses, everything. I dig it.

Honey liked it a lot too. As soon as it appeared, it became her new favorite lounging spot, so I made her a a thick blanket/pad to lay on that matches my poncho. I sandwiched 2 layers of super-thick fleece in between and she DOES lay on it ALL the time. But my poncho was on the chair and she pounced and so the following picture:

She actually normally lays on the flannel side, but I felt like showing off the purple plaid side for my purple plaid post! The lump behind her is my poncho... Note the matching purple plaid collar. My little dog likes her fancy accessories. And you know, soft flannel doesn't hurt either.

Now, say it with me: PURPLE PLAID PONCHO! PURPLE PLAID POST! PURPLE PLAID PEOPLE! PURPLE PLAID! PURPLE PLAID! PURPLE PLAID!!!

ok...i'm done now...


...


purple...


plaid...

No comments:

Post a Comment