Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Week 37

It's Thanksgiving week, so lots of visiting to do and lots of work at the end of the week, but still some work in progress.

I painted the leatherback turtle family wine glasses my sister requested. They came out pretty cute. Not sure if I'm going to add any seascaping to them yet. I usually draw more traditional (green) sea turtles with the soccerball shells, but leatherbacks were kind of fun. I freehanded them while looking at photos. Some of the lines (for the vertical white spines on their shells) kind of bother me in their waviness, but in the photos, they're not perfectly straight and i feel like they would be less realistic if they were perfectly straight.

This first photo was actually taken before I opted to make an adjustment to the lone turtle's shell. I just really like the relationship placement i got in this photo.



And...painted wednesday, posted sunday:


Margarita glassed with orange flowers! (purchased gift- requested as such)


No comments:

Post a Comment