Thursday, April 8, 2010

Week 4

It's spring! It's spring! The sun is shining...the birds are singing...and my workroom is cold! lol.




I'm trying to play with the idea of pieces that can be worn more than one way. I've seen earrings that can turn into a ring and I'm currently playing with pendants that can be worn as hair pieces. I still haven't figured out the best way to achieve that so I am currently just popping a bobbypin through the bale. I'm sure I'll come up with something better eventually...





I know the stones are brown, but i call the piece "peacock" anyway. I don't really have an idea in my head when i start sketching a piece, i just draw a curved line and go from there, and it becomes what i call filigree. Depending on my mood, the pieces could be completely different styles from one day to the next, but all of them reek of nature. I'm kind of thinking next week I want to play with fabric...

No comments:

Post a Comment