Saturday, March 5, 2011

Week 51

While Bob conceded that last week's controller was "cool", he wasn't really feeling the gold, so I made one more his style this week. It's just paint (and I still like the gold and leather one better), but it is more his style, and it's a complete controller makeover (skins only disguise the very top midsection).

I like the upside down picture, because I think it looks like an owl or some other little critter. The texture on this one isn't as smooth as I would like, but hopefully Bob enjoys it anyway. I don't see myself custom painting controllers for money any time soon, but they were a fun little project. The first thing Bob said though was "it's really cool...but can I have gold buttons?" men...

Again, this is what the controller looked like before:


Next I decided to try macrame on a glass. I chose a glass with a better shape for the project to make it easier, and used a bracelet for a starter ring. Unfortunately i twisted the base string too tight and half of them snapped and i didn't retie them nearly so pretty the second time. It's rough, but it was a good experiment that gave me lots of ideas. I would love to put some kind of little charm at every joint, and maybe use twice as many wires for a tighter pattern. I also think a twisted dual-wire strand good have a cool texture. Lots of ideas but for now this was my first try:


I also did a crafty little charm project just for fun. I was trying to make sort of coins/charms out of clay and paint them gold. The sculpey I used was neon orange which in theory shouldn't have mattered since I was painting them, but in practice-with the texture and all-was maybe not the best choice. They were still fun. I like the upper right one the best, I want to thread it on some pretty cord for a bookmark.


Next week is week 52 of the Xarata Project...a whole year!!! Hopefully I'll come up with something really cool for you ;p

1 comment:

  1. Love the glass-- very cool. You are so talented and I love the Xarata Project!!

    ReplyDelete