Saturday, July 24, 2010

Week 19

At the beginning of the week, I replicated a couple of the orchid hairpins i made a few weeks ago and added them to etsy. The end of the week rolled around and I just haven't been able to design anything- i've tried, i just haven't been happy with anything. I sat twisting silver for a good hour before i gave up on it. I sketched...i sketched people, i sketched the dog, i sketched randomly- no go. So...this is all I have to show for my efforts, not very exciting, but at least an attempt to keep the mojo flowing:

I think I need a project- something time consuming/labor intensive that I have to work on over the course of a week, or several. In college, I had those projects (and the equipment to do them on), but I never do them anymore... Maybe I'm bored with the medium- i've been playing with silver and hair pieces for the last few weeks- i suppose i should switch to glass or fabric for a bit...



It's been one of those weeks...my car inspection ran me $580, the landlord's son mowed over my pumpkin plant, it's beyond boiling hot outside and in, and i'm only halfway through my 10-day work stretch. What I would really like is some sleep... but it's too hot to sleep... At least I saw Bob a lot this week since we've both been on nights. silver lining. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment