Saturday, July 10, 2010

Week 17

Keeping it short and sweet, because I'm about to leave for a 12+ hour workday and wanted to get the post up while it was still this week.

At the very beginning of this week- possibly last week- I decided I wanted to start making pendants again. I made this one and then let it sit in pickle (acid) for several days by accident. It was okay but i had completely forgotten about it. It's the kind of stuff I used to do all the time and evolve into bigger more complicated pieces. Thinking I should return to the bigger more complicated pieces again...

I also went to the new Hobby Lobby and Lebanon this week and of course was instantly engulfed in their silk flower section. I know silk flowers aren't super creative because they're pre-made, but it is the type of thing i like to wear and make for myself often. I added rhinestones to the feathers, I'm actually thinking about sewing the feather piece into a fabric headband. Not sure how well it will work yet...

And out the door I go...Til next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment