Saturday, July 17, 2010

Week 18

I was feeling lazy/not creative this week, but I did make a bunch of little pieces. Silver pendants and a doodle. They still need cleaned up, but when they are, I'll list some of them on etsy.

Trying to think of things to do with my doodles. I painted one of them in my stairway, maybe I'll start framing them...


Not related to the Xarata project:

I painted my bathroom this week. I didn't take any before pictures, but that's just as well because it was pretty ugly before. It WAS painted mostly a pale yellow color, but white in the shower area (the shower is not white so it wasn't a blending thing) and white all around the mirror (which must have been installed after it was painted yellow around a larger mirror) and white in random places...and plaster and random places...The sink cabinet was painted white, but with only one coat so the wood showed through and the closet door is made of cheap wood and was never painted. All the knobs were white porcelain. I painted it: "cafe au lait" light creamy tan and repainted the white trim and cabinet and replaced all the cheapy looking aluminum fixtures with bronze finish ones. I also stenciled the cabinet but the stencil paint doesn't seem to be drying(and hence has smudged several times) so i think i might paint over it white and restencil it with different paint...



I harvested my first tomato and jalapeno and made salsa this week from my garden. So proud. lol. I also have a nice big zucchini and lots of cayenne peppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment