Friday, June 18, 2010

Week 14

Starting to get better- i really hated being sick. I bought a dapping die (for doming things) and domed some dimes today, but am not quite ready to do a project with it. I need to get back to my headbands, but it seemed wrong to handle them while i was hacking and coughing all over everything. I've been doing little art projects and other house projects this week. Two choker-length necklaces: The first i made from a wedding garland at the beginning of the week. Admittedly it didn't take much effort, but I think it's pretty.
The second I hand beaded tonight with heavy beading thread (the thinner threads always break) and silver beads.

This one is simple but pretty and is a basic base for any other beaded necklace, like this one I made in college:

What else have I been up to?
Cooking:
Today I made oatmeal craisin cookies, salsa, chili, my special pink sangria, and mint infused simple syrup (with mint from my garden!). I've also made breakfast (omelettes and bacon) twice this week, crescent rolls filled with basil (from my garden!) and creamcheese, asparagus and pierogies, and bob and i made dinner together at the beginning of the week- he grilled the steaks and i made green beans, and pierogies with mushrooms and bacon.
Gardening:
Earlier in the week we put lattice up over my rusty old railing and a small shallow garden in front of it. This week I bought flats of impatiens and planted them and fenced in my veggie garden (which is growing!!! I have 1 tomato and 3 tiny jalapenos)
Family Fun:
Bob took off work to hang out with me yesterday and we took Honey to our old dog park- with a nature trail with a pretty decent creek/river that she simply LOVES to swim in. It was nice. We cleaned the house together too which makes it much nicer to live in.


No comments:

Post a Comment