Saturday, June 12, 2010

Week 13






I'm getting sicker everyday- obviously not enjoying it. I kept it simple this week: a hair piece and a pendant.
The hair piece is made out of feather, silk flowers, and silver thread. I quite like it.
The design for the pendant was inspired by coral:
...and of course would look like coral if bobby pinned into hair which i have currently decided is the best/easiest method of transition. However, when worn as a pendant, it looks like silver lightning, which is the title of the piece:
It also kind of reminds me of tree roots...
Etsy: naturally, I have an etsy store that I have let go dormant over time. My current project is to relaunch my etsy site with headbands (i've begun the process of making close to 100 this week. I cut one day, ironed another, still need to sew and photograph and list)
On my days off this week, Bob helped me with yardwork and we planted a garden where there was previously a weed patch at the front door, put white lattice up over the rusty metal railing that protects people from falling down the basement stairs, and weeded the concrete in front of it and added about 6 inches of dirt for a narrow shallow garden. I'm planning on filling it with impatiens. On the veggie front- I have 1 little tiny tomato a little bigger than a quarter and 3 teeny little peppers about an inch long. How very exciting! I'll have homegrown salsa in no time.
Housewise, we went on a massive cleaning spree and in order to free up cupboard space, i started hanging kitchen supplies (cookie sheets, cooling racks, etc) on the stairway walls of the basement (access door in the kitchen). Oddly enough, i find it makes the basement more inviting, which is something i desperately need to accomplish since my studio is down there. Mainly my dislike of the basement is that it's a preferred home of house centipedes which completely and utterly creep me out. I need a lot of incentive to WANT to spend time near those things...



No comments:

Post a Comment