Thursday, June 9, 2011

So...I hurt myself again...

So...yeah...I hurt myself again (surprise surprise- i see those eyes rolling!). I was working, and I heard(and felt) a crack in my hand- my left hand (my UNdamaged hand). My thought process was pretty much "oh shit- that can't be good" and I kept working, aware of the pain- a pain very very similar to when I damaged cartilage in my right hand.

The good news:
In theory, I just pulled or overstretched a tendon in my hand, so no cartilage damage and no physical therapy with a fluidometer (we hope). I definitely didn't hurt it as badly as my right hand so recovery time shouild be much shorter.

The bad news:
I have to wear an immobilizer (stupid little hand brace thing that "immobilizes" my thumb and wrist to keep my from using that tendon), which I also had to wear when I hurt my other hand so I wasn't really surprised, but it's not particularly comfortable and it really limits movement which can be frustrating. I'm also kind of bad about following the rules with wearing this (last time, the doctor threatened to put me in a cast if I kept taking it off to use my hand) which can delay healing...I'll try to be good.


What this means:
What it means is a week or two away from wire work and I have made a decision. I have decided to bend the rules. It's hot out and I like making myself little dresses and fun sewn fabric things and telling myself that they don't count as being creative for the week makes me resent my other projects and forces me into working with a media that maybe i'm just not feeling that week-which means i put out half-hearted mediocre things and that's not good. I majored in both metal and fashion, so why hold myself to only one or the other? So from now on fabric is back on the table. And yes, I did make something this week which I'll get around to posting in the next day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment