Friday, September 10, 2010

Week 26

Week 26. Halfway. In the past 6 months, I have made over 100 headbands, about a dozen hairflowers, half a dozen copper feather pieces, 2-3 dozen handpainted glasses, and an assortment of silver and copper jewelry including pendants, chains, hair pins, and ear jewelry.

 In honor of this halfway point, I'd like to share that I got into a craft fair. October 23rd and 24th at Hunter's Valley Winery, I'll be setting up a little stand with wine glasses and jewelry. Not sure if I'll bring my headbands or not- i feel like my hodge podgey way of making whatever i feel like doesn't necessarily mesh real well for an art show, but we'll see.

This week, I made a set of glasses in the tree bark series. They're hard to take pictures of because there's SO much black, but in person they have a really cool optical illusion effect from the lines going every which way around the glass. These were commissioned, but I'm sure I'll make more. I want to take at least 10 sets of glasses to the craft fair plus a mix of single glasses.



I also decided to finally play with ear cuffs this week. I finally have silver wire in an appropriate gauge, and they came out pretty cute. I apologize that my ears aren't more photogenic :)





Bob wants me to make a bracelet we saw at Artsfest so stay tuned for that.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on hitting your halfway point! 26 weeks is a big accomplishment, just think of how much more you've created by setting a goal and sticking to it!

    The glasses look great! I hope whoever requested them is very, very happy with how they turned out! Can't wait to see more as you work on your stock for the fair...

    And those ear cuffs are beautiful! I keep meaning to pick a few up at the store but can't find any that are allergen friendly. :-( Its amazing how many jewelry items still have nickel in them!

    ReplyDelete