Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Week 25-Scratchglass

I needed a break from pewter- it was bugging me- and while hairflowers are fun, I feel like I need to do something else. This week we played with glass.

The main reason I stopped painting glass is that i find the lack of detail really frustrating, so I created what I call scratchglass, where I color block and then scratch away the pattern. The process is really trying on my hand though (my thumb goes numb.I stopped doing these over an hour ago and my thumb is still numb. Working on hunting down a different scratching tool with a thicking grip.)
I made a set of 4 wine glasses:


They still need cleaned and clearcoated, but i couldn't resist putting them up on etsy.

I also made a martini glass:


And I'm still working on this little glass for Bob for his port wine. I free handed it, so it's not perfect, but I'm really proud of it. Obviously it still needs cleaned up, but I'm not done with it yet.

I also started playing with beach glass this week, but there aren't any particularly cool results yet so we'll save it for another day.

I made some more stuff friday and saturday. Another martini glass:

Martini Glass-Dagger Series
And some shot glasses:

Shotglasses- lava series

Shot glasses- Dagger Series

No comments:

Post a Comment