Friday, March 26, 2010

Week 1 (& 2)

I began this project a week ago, but am starting the blog for it today, so you get weeks 1 and 2 together.
Week 1: Made during Julie/Julia. I originally made this as a hair pin, but today saw it's potential as a pendant. It is silver filigree and faux pearls on a neckwire.





Week 2: Holding myself to the challenge. It's Friday. More silver filigree and faux pearls. It started as a pendant and ended up as an ear-piece. I LOVE ear-loop jewelry because it's so uncommon.


BONUS: While in my long abandoned workshop, I found...CHOPSTICKS!!! tehehehe







2 comments:

  1. Xarata! I found this blog through your SN forum signature. Before I clicked on the URL, I thought it might be a swatching project (even though you have vox for that), and I'm delighted to see that you've set up this challenge for yourself. I didn't know you created such beautiful handiwork. You're well on your way to an Etsy store!

    Two suggestions, if they're not too much trouble to implement:
    -I would love to be able to click to enlarge the photos to see the details, craftmanship, and sparkle.
    -You might want to watermark your photos so that they don't get stolen and claimed by others.

    I'm intrigued by the ear loop jewelry. I have no interest in piercing my ears so this looks like a wonderful way for me to adorn them. When I was a bridesmaid, I wore clip-on earrings to match the rest of the attendants and they pinched and hurt almost as badly as the 3" heels. I'll have to search around for illusion ear loop jewelry so that it looks like I'm wearing earrings but with invisible support loops -- does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to think of how to do invisible earloops without having it show in front of your ear. It needs to have structure (so it can be c-shaped) but flexibility (so it can be custom fit to your particular ear)...Maybe clear coated wire? A rubber molded piece might be able to be "one size fits all" and still have structure...

    ReplyDelete